From: Josh Kennedy
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2017 7:57 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New RCA Galileo, my thoughts

unless the touch screen is made a bit different than mine? I don't know.
But I can tell you that I can double tap just fine on my RCA tablet. Using
audex helps because I get a sound and stuff when I double tap and do
gestures and stuff. the audex accessibility redefined app, that is what i
use.

On 4/26/2017 11:24 PM, Jeremy wrote:

So, I had an opportunity to test a double tap without tb running and go
figure, it worked perfectly, every single time. I made sure to test
different speeds of tapping, different amounts of force and the double tap
was flawless. I then had my wife remove the updates to tb that had been
added when I updated it and then we went back through the tutorial again.
Even inside the tutorial, in the part where it has you demonstrate a double
tap, it wasn't working as consistently as it had before we started it back
up, but we were able to complete the tutorial. Once we'd gotten back on the
home screen, we noticed some major inconsistencies again with getting them
to register. She was able to get it working pretty well using one finger and
then not at all with another one. I had issues no matter what finger I
tried, but I noticed that I could tap it with the fat part right below my
knuckle and get it about every 5 or 6 times. I even re-updated tb, thinking
that perhaps some part of some mechanism that tb uses to intercept the
gestures was wigging out, but it still hasn't changed. We are still able to
completely turn it off and have them work correctly, so at this point, I'm
completely boggled.

The last thing I thought of, which I've yet to try is doing a complete
factory reset of the device. This seems really stupid to me, as I just
received it this morning, but I honestly don't have any ideas beyond that or
any ideas of where else to go with it. As much as I'd really love to get
back into android, hopefully figure out if a higher end phone is going to
work for me, I'm thinking that perhaps this wasn't the best way to go about
it. rofllmao
Take care. :)

On 4/26/2017 6:36 PM, jeremy wrote:

Unfortunately, as much as I'd like it to, I highly doubt that
practicing a double tap beyond what I've already tried is going to
automagically cause it to start registering them differently. My apologies
if I didn't mention it before, but I'm not exactly new to using a
touchscreen. I've been using different touchscreen devices every since I
purchased the IPhone4, had an S3 with both ICS and then rooted to use
jellybean with cm10 for a short time, back to the IPhone5, IPads and now to
the IPhone6 plus which I've had since it's release.

My issue really wasn't from a lack of knowledge of the gestures used
for android, as they are for the most part equivalent to those used in IOS,
it was more so my confusion why most gestures were working decent enough to
use and that one was not. Now that I've played with it even more, had an
opportunity to tap it lightly, hard, tap it slow and fast and yet see no
difference, I really don't have any clues.

This isn't the first time I've herd of this type of thing on an
android device, but it's the first time I've actually seen it with one I've
played with. As you say, if you have detached the keyboard and you're
finding that the double tap gesture is registering as it should, then
perhaps it's something out of my control to fix or re-configure, such as
some weirdness in the display.

I've also tried to visit the preferences area of tb and enable the one
tap activation gesture, to see if it'd work as a workaround, but it still
doesn't perform a click on an element with raising your finger and tapping
once as it should. It does seem to make the double tap work a little better,
but it's still not consistent.

As I said before, I think I need to figure out a way to test the
difference between it registering a single tap and a double tap and do it
without tb running. It'd be my thinking that that'd be the best way to
determine if it's something specific to the accessibility framework, so tb
or EBT or something outside of it like the hardware.

Lastly, I also noticed an option in the settings for tb that indicated
that you could change the sensitivity for it registering taps. I may be
slightly off it the exact wording, but either way, I also tried to adjust
that to see if it'd change and it didn't.
Take care.

On 4/26/2017 4:48 PM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

I detached my tablet and was using it for a bit tonight, and had no
issues with the double taps and stuff. just practice with it, you'll get the
hang of it.

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On April 26, 2017 17:45:15 "Gene" <gsasner@ripco.com> wrote:

I don't use such devices but I would suggest experimenting with
the time between taps. Changing the interval may affect performance. You
indicated that keeping a finger on the icon improves performance. This may
be, in effect, interfering with how the device gauges the time between taps
and may be improving performance for that reason.