Re: amazon question

Carlos

I wasn't suggesting that turning off the combo box might be stored as a setting.  She indicated it was directing her to the mobile app page which might potentially be saved as a setting.

----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2017 6:15 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] amazon question

The best way to chedck is to not allow cookies, then go to the site.  You don't have to sign in.  I can see the home page and the search area without signing in.  I am very doubtful that cookies have anything to do with the problem.  I never use Amazon and I wouldn't have such a setting.  Yet, I see the combo box with one browser and not with two others.  It is also very unlikely that Amazon would make turning off the combo box a setting option.

But if you want to test, rather than removing any cookies, setting Internet Explorer not to allow cookies, then going to the site is the best option.  When you allow cookies again, the cookie will still be on the machine and you won't have lost any site settings.