First is eyes free, which while it has the highest number of users and even some developers from google, it used to have a reputation for being an unfriendly place. There were a number of users who would be quite unfriendly towards users, even new ones and it really wasn't moderated. This has apparently changed now and I've herd that it isn't as bad, but I've sorta kept it as a last resort for lists to ask questions on.

The second is ViAndroid, I think it's called and is ran by a guy that hangs out here and on the list for NVDA. Just from the time I've been on it, it's been really good as far as it's users go, but there isn't as much information as you might find on eyes free. For general questions though, I would definitely recommend it.
Take care.

On 4/27/2017 7:06 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
Is there a list for Android users. I went to the site for http://www.freelists.org/list/vi-kindle, but I never could find where to apply to the list itself.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jeremy
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2017 6:19 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New RCA Galileo, my thoughts

Yeah, I'm honestly not sure at this point what could be causing the inconsistencies in that one gesture. I'd really hoped that the double tap gesture would still be having issues outside of tb running, so it'd be easier to say it was strictly an issue in hardware, but since it's only with tb running, I really don't know.

Several little brainfarts had me curious if it could potentially be caused between the time that you issue the double tap, tb intercepts it and then it is sent as the command for a click item or whatever it's called, but in looking through the gestures assignment area of tb's preferences, I didn't see an entry for a single tap or double tap. The next closest entry I could find was in the keyboard shortcuts area, where enter is set to perform click, but in using the keyboard and playing with it, that seems to be slightly different than what a double tap is supposed to accomplish. It's been a while since I really got into android, so there are a lot of things I still need to read up on, but I did find under the talkback preferences an option to enable different levels of logging and some specific to the start and end to a gesture.
Once I find out again how to get access to those logs, I just might rejoin the eyes free list so perhaps a dev there can explain it. Either way, I do not think this is an issue with tb itself, else I'd think there would be a lot more users upset with it, so perhaps it's still somewhat caused by something in hardware too, a file that's missing or screwed up, who knows.

Before I return it for a replacement, I still also want to try both a factory restore and also a complete restore using what ever application is required to flash the firmware to it. I don't know if RCA devices follow close to the same process that I used way back when on the s3, but flashing the AT&T firmware back to it after I'd rooted it wasn't all that hard and the application was actually really accessible. I'd typically think that a factory restore would be enough, but I had a good friend of mine who had purchased a Nexus tablet and on trying to start tb for the first time, figured out that there were missing files that resulted in errors. It ended up becoming necessary to have sited help to do an update which finally got it working for him.
Take care.

On 4/27/2017 10:49 AM, Laz wrote:
That may be the problem he's running into although if it works fine
with TalkBack turned off if should also work fine with it turned on.
(shrugs)

Laz

On 4/27/17, Carlos <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
It's always possible to have plain bad luck, especially with less
expensive hardware. It could just be that particular unit.