As for it being a bug though, I'm really hoping that if I decide to get it replaced, that perhaps it's just some sort of craziness with hardware and I just was unlucky. I might also just return it and spend a bit more towards something a bit more high end, as I really would like to have a smaller package like a phone. haha

When yours arrives though, I would certainly be interested to know if you notice any similar issues.
Take care.

On 4/27/2017 7:14 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
Jeremy, did you get a 2017? I hope they have the bugs out of
them, since we have one coming.

Worst case scenario, my husband could jjust use the RCA,
while I know that the Kindle works, and I can get a keyboard
for it.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jeremy
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2017 6:52 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New RCA Galileo, my thoughts

I didn't really pay attention to whether this was the 2016
or 2017 version of the tablet, but I'm going to assume it's
the later one. I'm thinking that there shouldn't be any real
differences between the two, yours and mine, but there very
well might be. As Carlos also mentioned later in the thread,
it might also be just that something is messed up with it
being cheaper hardware and I drew the wrong straw. lol

I don't recall if it was ever mentioned, but is this audex
free? An ability to have a sound specific to when you
perform a double tap could certainly be helpful in trying to
figure out if it was actually working.
Thanks.
Take care.

On 4/27/2017 6:57 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

unless the touch screen is made a bit different than
mine? I don't know. But I can tell you that I can double tap
just fine on my RCA tablet. Using audex helps because I get
a sound and stuff when I double tap and do gestures and
stuff. the audex accessibility redefined app, that is what i
use.

On 4/26/2017 11:24 PM, Jeremy wrote:

So, I had an opportunity to test a double
tap without tb running and go figure, it worked perfectly,
every single time. I made sure to test different speeds of
tapping, different amounts of force and the double tap was
flawless. I then had my wife remove the updates to tb that
had been added when I updated it and then we went back
through the tutorial again. Even inside the tutorial, in the
part where it has you demonstrate a double tap, it wasn't
working as consistently as it had before we started it back
up, but we were able to complete the tutorial. Once we'd
gotten back on the home screen, we noticed some major
inconsistencies again with getting them to register. She was
able to get it working pretty well using one finger and then
not at all with another one. I had issues no matter what
finger I tried, but I noticed that I could tap it with the
fat part right below my knuckle and get it about every 5 or
6 times. I even re-updated tb, thinking that perhaps some
part of some mechanism that tb uses to intercept the
gestures was wigging out, but it still hasn't changed. We
are still able to completely turn it off and have them work
correctly, so at this point, I'm completely boggled.

The last thing I thought of, which I've yet
to try is doing a complete factory reset of the device. This
seems really stupid to me, as I just received it this
morning, but I honestly don't have any ideas beyond that or
any ideas of where else to go with it. As much as I'd really
love to get back into android, hopefully figure out if a
higher end phone is going to work for me, I'm thinking that
perhaps this wasn't the best way to go about it. rofllmao
Take care. :)

On 4/26/2017 6:36 PM, jeremy wrote:

Unfortunately, as much as I'd like
it to, I highly doubt that practicing a double tap beyond
what I've already tried is going to automagically cause it
to start registering them differently. My apologies if I
didn't mention it before, but I'm not exactly new to using a
touchscreen. I've been using different touchscreen devices
every since I purchased the IPhone4, had an S3 with both ICS
and then rooted to use jellybean with cm10 for a short time,
back to the IPhone5, IPads and now to the IPhone6 plus which
I've had since it's release.

My issue really wasn't from a lack
of knowledge of the gestures used for android, as they are
for the most part equivalent to those used in IOS, it was
more so my confusion why most gestures were working decent
enough to use and that one was not. Now that I've played
with it even more, had an opportunity to tap it lightly,
hard, tap it slow and fast and yet see no difference, I
really don't have any clues.

This isn't the first time I've herd
of this type of thing on an android device, but it's the
first time I've actually seen it with one I've played with.
As you say, if you have detached the keyboard and you're
finding that the double tap gesture is registering as it
should, then perhaps it's something out of my control to fix
or re-configure, such as some weirdness in the display.

I've also tried to visit the
preferences area of tb and enable the one tap activation
gesture, to see if it'd work as a workaround, but it still
doesn't perform a click on an element with raising your
finger and tapping once as it should. It does seem to make
the double tap work a little better, but it's still not
consistent.

As I said before, I think I need to
figure out a way to test the difference between it
registering a single tap and a double tap and do it without
tb running. It'd be my thinking that that'd be the best way
to determine if it's something specific to the accessibility
framework, so tb or EBT or something outside of it like the
hardware.

Lastly, I also noticed an option in
the settings for tb that indicated that you could change the
sensitivity for it registering taps. I may be slightly off
it the exact wording, but either way, I also tried to adjust
that to see if it'd change and it didn't.
Take care.

On 4/26/2017 4:48 PM, Josh Kennedy
wrote:

I detached my tablet and was
using it for a bit tonight, and had no issues with the
double taps and stuff. just practice with it, you'll get the
hang of it.

Sent with AquaMail for
Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On April 26, 2017 17:45:15
"Gene" <gsasner@ripco.com> <mailto:gsasner@ripco.com>
wrote:

I don't use such
devices but I would suggest experimenting with the time
between taps. Changing the interval may affect performance.
You indicated that keeping a finger on the icon improves
performance. This may be, in effect, interfering with how
the device gauges the time between taps and may be improving
performance for that reason.

Gene
----- Original
Message -----