Re: Help with deleting all emails or all folders in Gmail
Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>
Try the following:
From: Bill White
There is no "Select All" checkbox in basic html view in gmail. Here's what I
do to delete large numbers of messages in gmail.
How to create a filter in your gmail account which will delete large groups
of messages in your inbox.
1. Sign into your gmail account using Internet Explorer.
2. Press Insert+F7 to open the links list.
3. Press the letter S until you hear Settings, then press Enter.
4. Press Insert+F7 to open the links list again.
5. Press the letter C until you hear Create a filter, and then press Enter.
6. Press the letter F until you hear From: Edit.
7. In this field, type *@*
8. Press Tab until you hear: Next Step Button and press the space bar.
9. When the next page loads, press the letter X until you hear: Delete it
Check Box Not Checked. Press the space bar to check this item.
10. Press the letter X until you hear: Also apply filter to 20 conversations
below Check Box Not Checked, and press the space bar to check this item.
11. Press Tab until you hear: Create Filter Button, and press the space bar.
Your filter should now be created.
12. After your filter is created, press Insert+F7, then the letter I to be
taken back to your inbox where you will see all of your messages still there
in your inbox.
13. Close Internet Explorer to exit out of the gmail web page.
14. Sign into your gmail account using Internet Explorer again.
15. Go to your inbox, where you should see that it is empty.
16. Press Insert+F7 to open the links list.
17. Press the letter S until you hear Settings, then press Enter.
18. Press F7 for the links list, then press the letter F until you hear
Filters, and press Enter.
19. Press the letter B until you hear: Delete It Button. Press the space
20. When the page loads, you will hear JAWS say: Your filter has been
21. Be sure to do steps 14 through 18, or all of your e-mail will continue
to be deleted and sent to the trash.
Bill White billwhite92701@...
Sent from my iBarstool. Go Dodgers!
----- Original Message -----
From: James Bentley
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2017 9:54 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Help with deleting all emails or all folders in Gmail
Concerning deleting folders and emails in Gmail...
I hit the send button too quick.
I would be happy with directions that work with a PC, an IPhone, or a Braille Sense.
I want to delete around 40,000, emails in Gmail at once. All of these messeges are in my All Emails Folder. I can Google and find all kinds of different methods. But, none of them can be accomplished by a blind user. That is, as best as I can tell.
So, by any chance, does any one know how a blind user can delete all emails in Gmail at one time?
**No one is totally worthless, they can always be used as a bad example.