Re: Virtual Recorder utility not working correctly in Windows 10

Gene

It isn't technologies fault.  it's errors or bad design in creating what uses technology.  The combination of forced updates and errors is a bad one.  But at least Windows lets you put off major updates of this kind for a time, if I recall what I've read correctly.  You can revert for a time, if my memory is correct if it is important for you to do so but at some point, you won't have a choice. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2017 6:04 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Virtual Recorder utility not working correctly in Windows 10

I just tested it here for the first time since the last major update and unfortunately it does not work on this system at the moment. I also found out over the weekend that the creators update has screwed up web drive which is what I use to interface to my web site for uploading files. So I either have to upgrade my copy or use an older version that still works on windows 7 that I still have.

I have not decided yet what I’m going to do on that last issue. Isn’t technology grand?

Sent: Monday, May 1, 2017 2:18 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Virtual Recorder utility not working correctly in Windows 10

Interestingly, some users have reported that it still works for them so now I'm just confused.
----- Original Message -----
To: Tech Talk
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2017 12:44 AM
Subject: Virtual Recorder utility not working correctly in Windows 10

Hello everyone,

It seems that the Virtual Recorder utility is no longer working in Windows 10.  Probably due to incompatibilities, the audio virtual capture device is causing FFmpeg to completely freeze up.  That's what I get for not testing more often.  I have no idea how long the problem has existed so it could go back to the Anniversary edition.  Unfortunately, there's not much I can do about this until or unless the developer updates the DLL.  Recording via the sound card/hardware audio devices still seems to work as expected, but the ability to record anything playing through the sound card is broken.  You can still use your sound card's
"Stereo Mix"/"What You Hear"
option if it has that capability to achieve similar results, but the primary reason for creating Virtual Recorder was for cards especially on laptops that do not have that feature.  My apologies.  I will of course post a fix if the DLL is ever updated, but considering that the last release was made three years ago, I won't be holding my breath.

David Ferrin
Life is what happens after you have already made other plans.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.