Re: Phone advise please

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

While the Galaxy S8 may be very accessible to a user who is familiar with Android devices, that might not be true of a totally novice user. About 3 years ago I began my first try at using an Android phone and because everyone on the Eye-Free list was saying it was so accessible, I bought the Galaxy S5 (at a rather high price, I might add). I was completely overwhelmed and after 2 or 3 months I sold it to a sighted user. Since then I have tried the Nexus 6P which was much more accessible with the improvements in Android and Talk Back but still every bit as expensive as the IPhones. I liked it but still had reservations so I gave it to my sighted grandson who absolutely loves the phone. I tried a Pixel but was under impressed with it for the cost and yesterday I received my MotoG 5+ and am delighted so far. For me, the Kindel Fire tablet was a total disappointment although I know that many people really like it. (It is the 7 inch and I would give someone a good price if interested) But for the money, I am pleasantly surprised at the ease of setting up and using the MotoG.
For now the IPhone is and will remain my main phone but I like learning both platforms and getting the benefits of both.
Marie

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, May 1, 2017 6:17 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Phone advise please

On the Android list, I get the impression that the 8 is
accessible.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Howard Traxler
Sent: Sunday, April 30, 2017 10:30 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Phone advise please

We are thinking about getting a phone. On TV, US Cell is
advertising a free Galaxy 8S upon sign-up. How about this
one? Is it a blind friendly phone?
Are any of yous using it? Are there tutorials out there.
My little wife and myself are completely mobile phone
ignorant. Anybody suggest, please.

Thanks.

Howard

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.