Re: Phone advise please

Gene

You can get phones that are not smart phones and without touch screens from lots of providers.  You don't have to stay with your current provider to have such a phone.  But what do you want, to switch providers and get a smart phone, or to switch providers and use a phone like your current phone?

And you may not have to switch providers after all.  I don't know anything about your provider but it's hard to believe they don't offer an option like mine.  I can call an automated service and pay my bill using a credit card by phone.  I never use the web site.

Sent: Monday, May 01, 2017 9:52 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Phone advise please

Thanks to those who tried to answer.

Yes, I've had cell phones since 1994--but only phones. Only made and
received phone calls.  No pictures, text, or internet.

The reason I'm changing at is that the pay-as-you-go service we have now
(virgin moabile) has changed their website so much that it's almost
impossible to pay.  And our bill is a month overdue and they will probably
close our account.  On TV, US Cellular is advertising a free galaxy S8 for
new customers.  Sounds like a deal--if it's a phone that I can use.

Thanks for your ideas.
Howard