Re: Win10, Creator, wants a password when waking up from sleep

James Bentley

Thanks for the link.  I’ll check it out after breakfast and I finish some apartment cleaning.

James B

Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2017 11:06 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Win10, Creator, wants a password when waking up from sleep

Yes.  I am running the professional edition.  The following page has a couple of other options you can try.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2017 12:03 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Win10, Creator, wants a password when waking up from sleep

I forgot the local password.  If that isn’t quite smart enough, I have misplaced the stupid thing.

I may need to do a fresh install.  maybe that new feature in Creator, Fresh Start.  But, I am not in any hurry because the system boots with out needing a password.  It just forces me to come up with a password or do a restart after the laptop wakes up from sleep mode.

Also, this is not one of my main computers.  I just bought it to experiment with installing new software and resetting and installing fresh copies of Windows etc.  One way or the other, the problem, a minor inconvenience, will get worked out.  So, this is just a part of that learning experience that I was looking for any way.  LOL, I think I will start with learning to always have 2 copies of all passwords.

Carlos, are you using Creator Pro?  I am not seeing a combo box in Creator Home but, its there in Anniversary.

Thanks to all who posted regarding this topic.

James B

Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2017 10:25 AM

The combo box is displayed for me in the Creators update.  Do you have a password assigned to your account?
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2017 11:22 AM
Subjec    : Re: [TechTalk] Win10, Creator, wants a password when waking up from sleep

Hi Carlos,

Your directions work fine on Windows Anniversary.  However, with Creator, that combobox to select never require a wake up password is missing on my system.

I’ll Google around for another solution.

Regards,

James B

Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2017 8:36 AM

1. Press Windows key+I to open settings.

2. Tab once, arrow to
"Accounts"
and press Enter

3. Tab once, arrow to
"Sign-in options"
and press Enter.

4. Tab to the
"If you’ve been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again?"
combo box and select 
"Never".
Sent: Tuesday, May 2, 2017 2:07 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Win10, Creator, wants a password when waking up from sleep

Hi all,

I need to know how to stop Winn10 Creator, from asking for a password up on waking up.

And, is it possible to recover a forgotten local account log on password?  I ask the Ms Accessibility  Desk today and they said that the only way to get rid of the password is to do a fresh install.  Ouch!

Thanks for any information.

James B

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.