Re: Win10, Creator, wants a password when waking up from sleep

Rajmund <brajmund2000@...>

hi,
sorry if catching up, and others have answered already, but.... hit the windows key. type in netplwiz, and uncheck the box, then type in the password twice more. if you don't type it at the right boxes, though, the password box will remain unchecked, but the thing will still ask for passwords, so be careful. if this fails, I may have another solution.

Sent from ThunderBird

On 02/05/17 7:07 AM, James Bentley wrote:
Hi all,

I need to know how to stop Winn10 Creator, from asking for a password up
on waking up.

And, is it possible to recover a forgotten local account log on
password? I ask the Ms Accessibility Desk today and they said that the
only way to get rid of the password is to do a fresh install. Ouch!

Thanks for any information.

James B