Re: being able to click on links in email in Outlook Express

Gene

Just one more example of what I talked about in my last message.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2017 3:00 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] being able to click on links in email in Outlook Express

I am using OE under Win 7 and have no problems with clicking on web links. However, when i click on an Email address, several IE windows open and I can't get them all to go away. I end up having to reboot.

Andy

Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2017 12:22 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] being able to click on links in email in Outlook Express

I'm not sure why that is.  Perhaps it's a problem caused by using a program Microsoft doesn't intend to be useed beyond XP.  As Carlos has pointed out, enough people have problems with Outlook Express in later versions of Windows that he doesn't recommend it to be used. 

Unless you have a particular reason for using Outlook Express that other e-mail programs won't meet well or reasonably well, it would likely make more sense to use another one.  The most similar to Outlook Express in terms of programs you can download and install is the old menu version of Windows Live Mail.  I believe you can keep Outlook Express on your machine if you have Windows Live Mail so you can try it while still using Outlook Express for now if you wish.  But in case my recollection is wrong, let's see what others say. 

I believe it works well or reasonably well in Windows 10 but again, let's see what people say.

Gene

Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2017 2:08 PM

I am pretty sure the read as plain text  box wasn't checked and
nothing happened when focused on a link.

On 5/4/17, Carlos <carlos1106@...> wrote:
> You can either disable the
> "Read all messages in plain text"
> checkbox under
> "Options"
> on the
> "Read"
> tab so that messages are always displayed as HTML, or enable HTML view
> temporarily while focus is in the preview pane by pressing Alt+Shift+H.
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Dennis L" <dennisl1982@...>
> To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
> Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2017 5:44 AM
> Subject: [TechTalk] being able to click on links in email in Outlook
> Express
>
>
>> Hi, how do you set outlook express that when You receive a message
>> with a link in it you can just press enter on that link and it will
>> open?
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.