From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gerald Levy
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2017 1:18 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Very sad news for Window-Eyes Users.

This is all well and good.  But what’s to prevent VFO from going after NVDA?  They apparently have deep pocket, so what’s to prevent them from making the developers of NVDA an attractive financial offer they simply couldn’t refuse??  Money talks, and it is not beyond the realm of possibility that the developers of NVDA would sell out to VFO for the right price.  And once VFO acquired NVDA, they could phase it out just like with Window Eyes, and force its users to migrate to JAWS.  VFO would then have a virtual monopoly in the commercial screen reader market, and blind consumers would be stuck between a rock and a hard place. But what about System Access, you say?  Well, System Access has never really been a serious player in the commercial screen readermarket anyway, and Serotek has never really recovered from the loss of Mike Calvo and all those other techies who abruptly resigned from the company.

Gerald