Re: Accessible Password Managers?

The other day I had to factor reset my iPhone. I had a back up that I reinstalled, but when I went to open one password I had to verify all of that before I could use it. It had been a very long time since I have had to log into 1Password and they added the secret whatever thing in the interim. Basically, I thought I was screwed… but I use dropbox to sync between my phone and computer so it had the information and all I had to do was selected when I was setting it up. I still need to find that thing… LOL.
I've been using 1Password for a few years now and I love it personally.

Melissa
Sent from my iPhone

On May 15, 2017, at 2:53 PM, Cristóbal <crismunoz54@gmail.com> wrote:

Not impossible at all. A little effort maybe, but doable. It tooke me maybe five to ten minutes to memorize my secret key.
Via the memory palace and other tecniques.
I’m not saying it's easy per say, but certainly not impossible.
-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Christopher Hallsworth
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 12:08 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Accessible Password Managers?

Hi all,

1password uses a unique secret key tied to your account. The secret key is so long that it would be impossible to remember it. You are asked for your secret key every time you authorize a new device to use your 1Password account. It's their form of two or multi factor authentication and it is enabled by default and cannot be disabled. So, if you don't have your secret key, you are screwed, basically. Lastpass, well yeah. They don't have any form of multi factor authentication, at least by default. Well they should. Just my £0.02 worth.
On 6 May 2017, at 00:52, Norman <lists@thekingstech.com> wrote:

Hello.

I can't in good conscience recommend one password or any other password manager that syncs the data back to the net or there servers. And for goodness sakes, stay well away from lastpass!

The hack of lastpass earlier this year was proof enough of issues with that type of password management.

I personally use keepass and for device sync i have the file synced to my owncloud server. I realize that this crosses the net as well but never unencrypted.

Thanks.

On 5/5/2017 10:00 AM, george b wrote:
One password is compatable

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On
Behalf Of Peter Spitz
Sent: May 5, 2017 6:59
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Accessible Password Managers?

Can anyone recommend an accessible password manager? I am trying to use Last Pass Free version with Windows 8.1 and JAWS 16 with Internet Explorer but am having a lot of difficulty. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Peter

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.