Re: I've gone all the way to the Dark Side now!

Gene

Virtualizing a window has nothing to do with OCR.  It means that the window is virtualized as though you were in an application using the virtual pc cursor.  That's why you can copy text to the clipboard in a virtualized window.  Performing OCR on a screen is a completely different command.

Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 5:47 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] I've gone all the way to the Dark Side now!

If you have JAWS installed on your computer, just press insert+J to get into the menus, press H for help, and arrow to About and press enter. The serial number is there. You have to virtualize the window if you want to read number by number or copy it. That command is:

Insert+alt+W. OCR is done on that text, and then you can read it and copy!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10