Re: Very sad news for Window-Eyes Users.

Rajmund <brajmund2000@...>

hi,
if NVDA goes, so am I. instead of paying for JAWS, I'll pay for a Mac LOL.

Sent from Thunderbird

On 15/05/17 7:17 PM, Gerald Levy wrote:

This is all well and good. But what’s to prevent VFO from going after
NVDA? They apparently have deep pocket, so what’s to prevent them from
making the developers of NVDA an attractive financial offer they simply
couldn’t refuse?? Money talks, and it is not beyond the realm of
possibility that the developers of NVDA would sell out to VFO for the
right price. And once VFO acquired NVDA, they could phase it out just
like with Window Eyes, and force its users to migrate to JAWS. VFO
would then have a virtual monopoly in the commercial screen reader
market, and blind consumers would be stuck between a rock and a hard
place. But what about System Access, you say? Well, System Access has
never really been a serious player in the commercial screen readermarket
anyway, and Serotek has never really recovered from the loss of Mike
Calvo and all those other techies who abruptly resigned from the company.

Gerald