window-eyes 9.4.5 remote assistance

George McCoy <slr1bpz@...>

I'm trying to help a friend of mine. He is running windows 7 ultimate 32 bit. I am running windows 7 home 64 bit. We are both running the MS Office version of window-eyes 9.4.5.
When either of us chooses request assistance and click the send request button, we get a dot net framework error.
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. input string was not in a correct format.
Clicking the details button yields no further information.

This was working before window-eyes was discontinued. Has anyone else encountered this error? I wonder if VFO has depricated this service.

I'd love to get my friend to switch to NvDA but he is unwilling to make the change because we can't get his dectalk express synthesizer to work with NVDA.

I would appreciate any suggestions anyone might have on this.

Thanks,
George