Re: malware bytes

Gene

Does she know that since she evidently doesn't look after her computer not being compromised, that she should never do anything where she discloses any personal information including banking but also not anything where she gives such information as her birthday?  If you can't set up effective protection on her machine, then she should know not to do anything personal on it, if she isn't willing to pay someone to set up proper protection.

Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2017 6:52 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] malware bytes

Gene,

She plays the games that facebook offers, and yes I've told her that's where she gets so much malware.

As far as malware bytes, I have the paid version on my computer and I gave her what I use plus the license key, but she said she couldn't find where to put that in the program and I haven't tried it because it's windows 10 and I'm still running windows 7 and have never seen 10 myself.

She admits that she's technologically stupid, her words not mine, and on top of that she has very little patience with things she doesn't understand so there's not much I can do aside from trying to answer the questions I can answer and finding answers to the questions that I don't have answers for.  I would try to install jaws on her computer, and in fact I have done that in the past with previous computers that she's had, but although I'm a little more computer literate than she is I sometimes think I know just enough to get into trouble, which btw I have done on multiple occasions with my own computer.

Troy