Re: malware bytes

Jeremy <icu8it2@...>

Whether one finds an Ipad easy to use would differ from user to user, I'd imagine. What's more important is whether the IPad will be able to handle the different tasks that the user wants of it. for banking at least, this should suffice, but I'm not certain I'd want to replace my laptop with one. I love IOS for what it is good at and even Android, now that I've been using one, but there are still things that only work well on a desktop/laptop. Everyone will have different requirements of what they want from their devices though.
Take care.

On 6/7/2017 1:07 AM, Matt wrote:

Agreed but usually they are very easy to use as well and very light weight and the Pro models especially the new ones that was introduced are very powerful and has up to 512 GB of storage and I think they take a SD card as well . I know they have a USB 3 port and then a C port to plug into . I was thinking of getting a mac mini one day but I am now leaning toward the iPad pro as it is very much becoming a laptop replacement on the mac side Also it has touch which none of the Mac computers have or support .

.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jeremy
Sent: Wednesday, June 7, 2017 1:26 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] malware bytes

Normally I'd not suggest someone purchasing something like an IPAD for this sort of thing, but I also know how frustrating this can be trying to explain why it's a bad idea to visit certain things on a typical desktop. My grandmother is a wonderful example of this, she was apparently the cat's meow back in the days of DOS, but she just don't seem to understand how malicious certain pages, email scams, whatever can be. While it is definitely possible for an IOS device to become compromised, I think in a case like this it is a lot less likely and safer for sure for stuff like banking especially to use one. I know that my grandmother loves her for this reason and it also makes me feel a lot more comfortable too.
Just a thought or two. :)
Take care.

On 6/6/2017 11:35 PM, Matt wrote:

Well no matter what you do you have to  do safe browsing and computing .

I would say if you can get her a IPad as this would be a lot less chance of getting this stuff with this . for typing she could use a keyboard hook to it.  The iPad pro’s is not cheap but I think they are a lot safer to use . It is a whole lot harder to get virus and such with them. Not impossible by no means but a heck a lot harder. I personally would say she might enjoy that even better a IPad Pro and they sure are light weight as well.