Re: malware bytes

Jeremy <icu8it2@...>

I can't say as I don't use JFW.

On 6/7/2017 2:50 PM, Dennis L wrote:

How accessible is it with jaws?

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jeremy
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2017 3:09 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] malware bytes

I've not used malware bytes in a while, so decided to grab it last night and try it out. While it seems that it locks down the ability to use object navigation in NVDA, it seems to be accessible enough to be worth purchasing. I was curious on it's pricing, but if that's the case, 30 bucks for using it on three computers, that's an excellent deal for sure.
Take care.

On 6/7/2017 11:34 AM, Cristóbal wrote:

I have one lifetime sub I bought back in 2014 that I’ve moved from a couple of PCs and is now on my personal HP that I recently purchased. I also buy a three license pack for around $30. This is an annual sub, but since I use all three on my wife’s laptop/desktop and my work desktop, it’s a solid deal. Don’t think lifetime subs are being offered anymore.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Byron Stephens
Sent: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 8:56 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

It said they were pup items associated with this thing called geek buddy. I'm seriously thinking of buying it and paying the monthly cost of five bucks, and is that for only one computer the lisence is good for?

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2017 8:51 PM

It is also worth noting that the total number of items found during a scan is not necessarily the total number of infections.  A specific malware infection may consist of several files and registry entries.  Often this is the total malware scanners will display.  In other words, 2000 items found does not usually mean 2000 infections.

Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2017 11:40 PM

The latest malwarebytes saved my bacon on this older desktop. It found nine items convensional antivirus missed.

Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2017 7:57 PM

CCleaner is useful, but it won't help at all with malware.  And it sounds as if this computer is severely infected.

Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2017 10:54 PM

You might look into a free program called CCleaner.  If your Mom runs this program before she shuts down the computer, it will wipe out all of the cookies, temp files and actually anything you want off of the computer.  There are a lot of options of items one might want to wipe off of the computer. 

I have been running this program now for the last 7 years.  The difference between the Free version of the program and “Pro” is that Pro will update the software automatically which I find to be nice.  You also have the option for real time junk monitoring and auto history erasing.  It will also make repairs to your registry if one wants, but will let you save an copy of whatever it corrects in the registry.

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

--jeff

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.