Re: Linux Questions

Rajmund <brajmund2000@...>

is Michelle another eSpeak voice, or is she Greek?

On 17/06/17 9:34 PM, Eleni Vamvakari wrote:
I don't know why everyone loves Eloquence. It's okay, but not great.
I actually prefer espeak, though I use the Michel voice in NVDA and
think that their version has much better intonation than the standard
one. Add to that the fact that it can read Greek, and I really have
no need to switch synthesizers. But sometimes I do, just for a
temporary change.
On 17/06/2017, Rob <captinlogic@gmail.com> wrote:
Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@gmail.com> wrote:
you can buy voxin for $5 for linux and it works good. voxin is eloquence
for linux.

I know that. Read more carefully.
Because I built a custom linux (Linux from scratch) I could not use the
voxin-install.sh
script. I had to dissect it, figure out what it did, and then match its
functions to my own system.
The installer script places the binaries and libraries in predefined
locations based on distribution. Since mine is custom, it couldn't do that,
so I had to do it all myself.