Re: keyboards VS touch screens and technological change

Josh Kennedy

I JUST LET THE TOUCH PAD ON, BECAUSE THE MOUSE IS USEFUL IN SOME APPLICATIONS.

On 6/16/2017 6:30 PM, Marie wrote:
d not be so sure about windows not turning Cortana. At least every other update turns the touchpad on with both of my laptops and I have to disable them if possible or uninstall the driver on one. It is extremely annoying.
Marie

-----Original Message----- From: Josh Kennedy
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2017 1:03 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] keyboards VS touch screens and technological change

no new updates will not try to turn cortana on if you don't want them
to. if you get a new big major update which has you go through the setup
screen you just make sure those checkboxes are all unchecked and you
make a local offline account and you're good to go. windows10 is the
future, embrace it or fall behind. if you still like dos and old
windows3.1 stuff like I do, you can do what I do and run talking dosbox
or run stuff in vmware player. its what I have to do to run some older
stuff I still enjoy using such as the old infovox230 tts.

On 6/16/2017 3:49 PM, Rob wrote:
Carlos <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
Oh yes, not to mention that new poor excuse for a
"Start"
menu is a piece of junk.
And the fact you can't completely remove cortana. I did find a way to turn it off in group policy editor, but it's still there, lurking in the background, and I bet some other update will probably try to turn it on.

--
sent with mozilla thunderbird email client