Re: changing my display name in windows live mail?

Robin Frost

Hi,
In the most recent and last version of Windows Live Mail if you navigate to those email account options it is my experience that which Shirley is seeking isn’t there.
It can however be found if focusing on the email account in question in the tree view of the program, right clicking and opening up the properties for that account. then in the general tab you can either change the name of the account in question or the display name which appears on outgoing messages.
I hope that helps.
Robin

Sent: Friday, June 23, 2017 6:32 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] changing my display name in windows live mail?

The new version of Windows Live Mail uses ribbons and, as in ribbon programs in general, there is one menu where many commonly used items are placed.

I shall assume you are using the ribbon version.
Press alt, then type f to open the single menu.
Down arrow to options and press enter.  You are now in a submenu.  Find e-mail accounts in that submenu and press enter.
A dialog opens that is very similar to an Outlook Express dialog.  If you have problems finding what you want, ask here. 
I could have just given you the short cut key sequence but you can learn a lot about the program by looking through the menu and submenu.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2017 4:12 PM

Hi Mike,
Unfortunately, that did not  work.
I am not sure OE uses the same types of commands as win live mail does. I know a lot about oe but not so much about live mail.
Thanks for trying to help though.
shirley

Sent: Friday, June 23, 2017 9:51 PM

Hi Shirley,

I thought I had read somewhere that changing the display name in WLM is the same or similar as changing it in Outlook Express.  If so, here are the steps for OE, & please let us know if they work.

Changing display name in OE
1. go to the tools menu while in OE.  With, Alt + T.

2. Press the letter A and you will land on the Accounts Dialog, with Focus on the list of available accounts.

3. select the account that you want to change by pressing the up or down arrow to select it.

4. Tab to the properties button or just hit alt+P.

5. press tab until Jaws says "name edit." This edit field will have your display name in it.

6. Delete the name if you want to, and put in the new name that you want displayed.

7. Tab to the apply button and press enter.

8. Press enter a second time.

9. Press escape or tab to the close button and press enter.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2017 1:32 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] changing my display name in windows live mail?

hi
so i’ve just started using this as my email client after some time of not using it and i am not sure how i go about changing my display name?
shirley

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.