Re: Article: Google Will No Longer Scan Gmail for Ad Targeting - The New York Times #article

Carlos

But the individual human factor should always be taken into account. I consider myself somewhat cynical as well, but I'm sorry, I can't go through life assuming that every single person's motivations in the entire world are suspect all of the time. I'm not saying that Google's motivations are necessarily altruistic, but I also won't automatically always assume the worst without supporting evidence.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob" <captinlogic@gmail.com>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2017 8:51 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Article: Google Will No Longer Scan Gmail for Ad Targeting - The New York Times #article

Carlos <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
it cynical. Do large corporation lie to consumers and the general public?
Yes I'm sure that they do, but if they were lying all of the time, they
probably wouldn't survive very long.

I don't know about that. I think they lie more by omission than commission. Not telling the whole story. Corporations are about themselves and the bottom line, not anything else. Maximize profit at all costs, so to speak.