From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ron Canazzi
Sent: Sunday, July 2, 2017 10:00 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Article: Google Will No Longer Scan Gmail for Ad Targeting - The New York Times #article

Corporations generally don't do anything for the good of the public in a fundamental sense unless it is mandated by government. In the US in this era since the 80s of massive deregulation and consolidation, one cannot help but be more and more finical. Witness the massive financial collapse of the 2007-2008 period. All of the major companies got bailed out; none of their top executives went to jail and few got fined. This after the biggest poncy scheme in human history:the useless sub prime derivatives.

On 7/2/2017 8:51 AM, Rob wrote:
Carlos <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
it cynical. Do large corporation lie to consumers and the general public?
Yes I'm sure that they do, but if they were lying all of the time,
they probably wouldn't survive very long.
I don't know about that. I think they lie more by omission than commission. Not telling the whole story. Corporations are about themselves and the bottom line, not anything else. Maximize profit at all costs, so to speak.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"