Re: Ok Google on an iPhone.

Janet

Don,

You are forgiven!  Smile!  You have the exact same phone as I have.  I have been just wondering if the Ok Google app might work better on an Android as a pose to an iPhone, and I’m thinking it might. 

Thank you for the clarification. 

Janet

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Donald L. Roberts
Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2017 4:34 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Ok Google on an iPhone.

Janet, I am using an iPhone 6 running ios 10.3.2.  In my previous message, I inadvertently said that o k Google gives better results at obscure info than Siri.  What I meant to say is that o k google gives more substantive info than Alexa.

Don Roberts

On 7/2/2017 12:12 PM, janet gross wrote:

Don,

Can you tell me what phone you are using? I’m trying to find out if it makes a difference depending on which phone is being used.  I am using an iPhone 6 with the latest update meaning 10.3.2.  As far as Ok Google on my phone, she is lousy, and she can’t tell me anything other than the day or time! 

Janet

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Donald L. Roberts
Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2017 1:57 PM

As far as my unscientific experiments go, O K Google is far better than Siri when it comes to giving meaningful information, even obscure things.  For example, because of the Black Socks scandal, I asked Google who won the 1919 World Series, and Google responded correctly.  Siri didn't have a clue.

Don Roberts

On 7/2/2017 9:32 AM, Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND wrote:

I find that OK Google will often give a direct answer whereas SIRI will often say something like "I found something on the web, take a look".  Then you have to look through the results from Bing and select one of those to find your answer.

OK Google can be much quicker.

Sent: Saturday, July 1, 2017 9:29 PM

Why do you need OK Google with the iPhone 6, when you have
Siri.

Best from,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of janet gross
Sent: Saturday, July 1, 2017 8:32 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Ok Google on an iPhone.

Hi Everyone,

I have an iPhone 6 with the latest update, and I downloaded
Ok Google from the app store, but I can only get Ok Google
to tell me the time of day.  I went online and researched Ok
Google, and they say it is fine for an iOS phone, but can't
get it to tell me anything other than the time of day.

Any thoughts?

Thank you all in advance.

Janet

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.