Re: Help With the Out of the Box Experience

Carlos

Windows 10 does not have to be on the first partition. I have Windows 10 on the second partition.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Matzura" <number6@...>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2017 7:38 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Help With the Out of the Box Experience

That's not technically true. If Windows 10 is installed as the first
partition, meaning it's a UEFI boot on a GPT drive, Windows 7 can be
added as a second partition. I've seen it done twice in four months. I
was thinking of doing it on my own systems, but I'm too lazy to
slipstream the updates, either with NTLite or any other way (including
DISM), and now I've gotten comfortable enough with Windows 10 for it
not to matter any more, so I dropped the whole plan.

On Thu, 6 Jul 2017 22:38:53 +0000, you wrote:

Hi Mike,
2 Fully operating systems, pretty clever! Am I correct in assuming if you had Windows 10, you couldn't role back to Windows 7?
Janet