Re: time and date

Jaffar Sidek

How do you press Insert+F12 with one hand on a desktop keyboard? I can't do it without a stretch. Cheers!

On 6/7/2017 10:34 PM, Carlos wrote:
I always use one hand to check the time/date with Insert+F12. I suppose it would be different on a laptop where you might be forced to use the CapsLock key as a modifier, but in that case you could for example remap the time/date script to use F1 instead. In either case, pressing a shortcut will always be faster and more efficient.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Spitz" <peter.a.spitz@...>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2017 10:25 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] time and date

Yes, but I thought we were talking about doing this one handed and it
seems easier to just tab and press if you only have one hand.

On 7/6/17, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
Why do you do it the hard way instead of using the screen-reader command?
Also, you aren't moving to the system tray efficiently. The Windows
shortcut to move to the system tray is Windows key b. You may well already
know this and find it inconvenient to use because of your keyboard layout,
but that's the most efficient way to get to the system tray.