Re: question for you all mac users out there

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>

Well let's say this, I'm not having to spend no more than two hours with with somebody fixing their technology. And I believe that she's a member of this list I'm really not for sure but Donna from California can vouch for that. I've helped her a few times with her iPhone. And if she's not a member of this list I know for a fact she's a member of lime tack so you might want to just ask her as too how quick I had some of her issues resolved. I will say, it was a matter of rocky days but we got through it and we got it done. So yes most issues can be resolved like that.
Joseph Hudson

Email
jhud7789@...
I device support
Telephone
facebook
https://www.facebook.com/joseph.hudson.9404
Twitter
https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

FaceTime/iMessage
jhud7789@...

On Jul 6, 2017, at 3:37 PM, Carlos <carlos1106@...> wrote:

The fact is that not everyone has hours to spend on the phone or sending E-mails. Certain things are demonstrated or resolved more easily via remote access by someone with greater experience.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph Hudson" <jhud7789@...>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2017 4:28 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] question for you all mac users out there

It just takes patience, which is apparently some of you don't have.
Joseph Hudson

Email
jhud7789@...
I device support
Telephone
facebook
Twitter

FaceTime/iMessage
jhud7789@...

On Jul 6, 2017, at 3:23 PM, Carlos <carlos1106@...> wrote:

Technical support via E-mail or the phone is not the same as support via remote access. If a person has little or no technical aptitude, they may not always be able to follow complex instructions very well, especially when dealing with more advanced issues. If it were that simple, there would be no need for such a thing as remote support.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph Hudson" <jhud7789@...>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2017 4:09 PM

Alright man, now you're buy enough a bigger issue then probably what you can chew off. LOL. Smiles! Now let me get down to the nitty-gritty of this and hopefully this will provide you with a little bit more help and assistance for this friend/individual. Anybody who owns a Mac can provide technical assistance to one that has a Mac. For instance myself, I give one-on-one support everyday two people that are needing help with their Mac. And I either walk to doing instructions, via email or the old-fashioned telephone if they're so interested. All and let me just remind you, that my services are free and less I have to come and actually work with the person. Which is never ever had to be the case since I've started doing such services which is a blessing for them. My thingies is giving back to the community, so if they're looking for any kind of technical support, please feel free send them my way I will give them as much knowledge as I possibly can. It also depends on what they're wanting to do with the Mac and all that kind of good stuff too. So we can definitely get the ball rolling in that department. So if they're interested, please give them my information which is below in my signature. I will definitely be looking to hear from either you or them your choice. Having a tandem session, is not always necessary or needed with the Mac. Most blind people can comprehend keystrokes in order to get the job done
Joseph Hudson

Email
jhud7789@...
I device support
Telephone
facebook
Twitter

FaceTime/iMessage
jhud7789@...

On Jul 5, 2017, at 12:07 AM, Matt <matt.from.florida@...> wrote:

Well this is not about windows versa Mac or did I intend to go that way. They both have their place. It is about having accessible remote access for the blind. As a person who might consider the Mac to me this is a big deal when getting tech support or training on the mac from someone other than a sited user from Apple. That is my point.

Thanks,
Matt.from.florida@...

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jaffar Sidek
Sent: Wednesday, July 5, 2017 12:53 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Well, VoiceOver is solid enough, well built and well interfaced with a good enough quality sound, and sometimes you know, having just one quality product can make life so much easier then having to choose what is right for one's nheeds because let's face it, however many the choices are, one cannot determine which is best because one screen reader, for example, serves better in certain areas and not others.
Which is why, for example, most of us on windows have two screen readers to make up for one or the other's quirks. I have not known my Mac book pro to Hang or have blue screens while in use, or Voiceover glitching at awkward moments, while windows screen readers tend to lag more often, especially when something memory intensive is going on. I am not advocating that the Mac or VoiceOver is perfect, but it seems to me that if a product can fulfill most needs in it's eco system, then why change it by having another product just for competition sake? Cheers!

On 5/7/2017 11:09 AM, Joseph Hudson wrote:
Apple also now has the capability to view one's screen and they do a very good job at it. They can see what's on your screen, but they can control your device which I think is a good thing. With windows, they can actually bully take over the entire system. And do whatever they want with it. I think in Apple's case, they believed in respecting one's privacy and just letting you navigate the device yes, you can get stuck in but unlike Microsoft, who makes computers or HP or any of those companies, you can actually walk into an Apple store, if you have an issue going on with your computer and get it fixed right there. Whatever comes to Windows, you either have to would you think is a good thing. call somebody for assistance or take it to a third-party fixer to get it fixed. Not in the case of Apple products.
On Jul 4, 2017, at 7:29 PM, Carlos <carlos1106@...> wrote:

This is what happens when there's no competition. Notice that almost every Windows screen reader has remote access functionality. What incentive does Apple have to include such a powerful feature? VoiceOver is the only screen reader available for the Mac and you're stuck with it.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, July 04, 2017 8:21 PM

Hi Matt, yeah you would think that there would be something like that out there but so far I don't believe that there is. I will definitely do some checking around and see if there are any Mac users that no of search capability and see if there is some ways to do something like this. I'll get back with you on Ted talk whenever I come back with a solution. As I'm sure that there are seriously needing such service.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 4, 2017, at 5:58 PM, Matt <matt.from.florida@...> wrote:

Thanks . was asking for someone else. Just another reason for me not
to get a mac. You would think enough blind people would have
requested this from apple this feature.

Thanks,
Matt.from.florida@...

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On
Behalf Of Joseph Hudson
Sent: Tuesday, July 4, 2017 5:31 PM

Hi Matt, no this is not possible. The only thing that you can do, if
share your screams somebody else through third party applications.
Such as zoom more even Skype. I hope this helps.
Joseph Hudson

Email
jhud7789@...
I device support
Telephone
facebook
Twitter

FaceTime/iMessage
jhud7789@...

On Jul 4, 2017, at 2:48 PM, Matt <matt.from.florida@...> wrote:

Can you do a tendon on mac like you can on windows with jaws?
Another
words with VO?

Thanks,
Matt.from.florida@...

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.