From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin.christensen@gmail.com
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date sent: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 17:43:18 +1000
Subject: Re: Threading messages, was: [TechTalk] What happened

Yep, this one came through as an original message as well.

Apparently neither machine creates the "In-Reply-To" or
"X-Orig-Message-Id" header to keep the previous message ID to follow.

On 1/09/2015 5:09 PM, rajmund wrote:
Hi Quenton,
LOL, sorry about that. That particular message was sent from a
braille sense, with sense mailer ver 5.02. This is the apex. Am I
still coming up as a new message?

Sent from a BrailleNote

From: Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@roadrunner.com
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date: Tuesday, 1 September 2015 5:06 am
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What happened

Hi There,

What modern mail client or web mail interface does not support filtering?

On 8/31/2015 6:31 PM, rajmund wrote:
Hi Flor,
All these things are a personal preference. It can be looked how you
mean. But those of us who are going through hundreds and hundreds of
messages, with an email client that supports no filters, this can be
tedious. I just deal with it, though, I know how life could be
easier. But then again, why do I subscribe, if I can't do it? So
yeah, its really a personal preference, in my opinion.

Sent from a BrailleNote

From: Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@gmail.com
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date: Monday, 31 August 2015 10:34 pm

Hi,
For me, the worst nightmare is when someone cross-posts the same message
multiple lists (I did ask people on the lists I moderate to not
cross-post,
or if they have to do that, either use BCC or ask the mods first).
Cheers,
Joseph

From: Donald L. Roberts <donald.roberts99@gmail.com
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date: Monday, 31 August 2015 9:31 pm

Although I am still subscribed, I got very frustrated with the
moderation
and sometimes the lack thereof. I very much dislike the fact that there
are
more and more persons on Blindtech who are cross posting all over the
place.
It is not unusual to see the same message no fewer than five or six times
on
various lists. And I hope that those cross posts do not show up here.
This
prompts a question. Is there a utility which will somehow delete cross
posted messages? Setting up filters to do this would be a huge
undertaking.

Don Roberts

On 8/31/2015 12:47 PM, Carlos wrote:

Welcome to the list Cristsbal. Indeed it is active. We currently have
about 98 members.

LOL let's just say that I had a difference of opinion in the art of list
management with the owner/moderators of BlindTech.