Re: Property Loss Message

Carlos

If it is a card, the chances are that it is formatted as FAT32 or exFAT.  This problem is caused because unlike the NTFS file system, FAT32 and exFAT cannot store alternate data streams.  The loss of such properties will not damage the files in question and it is safe to proceed with copying.  At most you might lose some metadata.  You can see what file system a particular drive is using by highlighting it in Explorer, pressing Alt+Enter to access it's properties, and reviewing the information with the JAWS cursor or equivalent.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2017 1:56 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Property Loss Message

I don't know about him, but we ran into this exact same thing the day before yesterday. How would you know what you're in this case it was a card, is it formatted as?

Kay Malmquist
Ask me about healthy chocolate!
Yes, there is such a thing and it's good to. 
Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 14, 2017, at 12:22 PM, Carlos <carlos1106@...> wrote:

Are you copying from an NTFS formatted drive to one formatted as FAT32?
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2017 1:19 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Property Loss Message

Hi All,

Running Windows 7 Pro & Jaws.  Whenever I try to copy a file from my computer to an external drive I get the following message:

Property Loss
Are you sure you want to copy this file without its properties?

I don't what happened for this message to start showing , but how do I go back to copying files with their properties again?  All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.