Re: Elbraille question

Rajmund <brajmund2000@...>

hi,
no, humanware stated that they won't upgrade the touch. not unless kitKat is dropped. hell, they accused hims of lying, which should give us an idea of how they're not updating it.

On 13/07/17 4:41 PM, Debbie April Yuille wrote:
Hi Sadam
The EllBraille also supports a 40 Braille Display although I'm not sure if that's released just yet.
As far as the Polaris and BrailleNote touch being outdated, Both Humanware and Hims have stated that their products are updatable.
Debbie
-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sadam Ahmed
Sent: Thursday, 13 July 2017 10:25 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Elbraille question
To be honest, Both the Touch and HIMS polaris are out dated.
At least the ElBraille runs Windows 10 but 14 sells of braille is painful.
Sadam Ahmed
On 13/07/2017 10:01 PM, Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. wrote:
Chief Rajmund wrote in part:

"correction: the touch runs kitkat, 4.4.2. to confirm, please go in
settings, about tablet, on your touch, and report back with your
android version.
and it does not change the fact, that certain apps, like the newest
version of talkback, will simply refuse to run on the touch, despite
the new elements from newer android versions."

Preach it sir! I've written on that as extensively as has been
possible. I don't know why Humanware and its sisters simply won't be
honest in their dealings with their customer base. Imagine what would
have happened to Humanware if their so-called Android tablet had been in the mainstream!
Subway Sandwich was sued sometime back for claiming to offer a
foot-long sandwich when, upon real measurement by a buyer, it was
short by less than four inches or thereabout. Doctor Associates,
Inc., its parent company, was forced to settle the issue out of court.

The sad reality is that Humanware and its associates succeed in
confusing unsuspecting blind individuals who may wish to try out a new
OS! Oh well, I guess the savvy ones amongst us will continue to brave
the hurricanes and tornados and dip fingers in blue fin ranch dressing at all times!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

--