Re: Virtual recorder crashing

Brock Ewing

Hey, is there anyway I can make it on virtual recorder to not put anything in the title field? I don't want all my recordings having the date and time I recorded them. I just want them to have the title I typed.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 8, 2017, at 8:33 PM, Carlos <carlos1106@...> wrote:

I may try at some point, but I can't afford to tie up my machine for such an extended period.  Besides, recording for ten hours at a time is probably not a common practice for most users.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, July 08, 2017 8:27 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Virtual recorder crashing

No.try 10 hours then it will do it.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 8, 2017, at 7:16 PM, Carlos <carlos1106@...> wrote:

I just recorded over four hours worth of material and I cannot reproduce this issue.
Sent: Saturday, July 08, 2017 3:33 PM

OK. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 8, 2017, at 2:42 PM, Carlos <carlos1106@...> wrote:

Yes, but I make no guarantees about how long it might take.
Sent: Saturday, July 08, 2017 2:37 PM

OK. Is there anyway you can contact me personally? That way you can let me know how your progress is going about the issue.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 8, 2017, at 2:32 PM, Carlos <carlos1106@...> wrote:

Since I have no idea what is causing the problem, you will have to wait until I can perform some testing to see if I can reproduce the crash.
Sent: Saturday, July 08, 2017 2:21 PM

Yes, I could do that, but still, I want to be able to use it like it should work. I don't want to crash knowing that I'm recording something very important. Even though I can do your work around. How can I fix this?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 8, 2017, at 2:13 PM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

What happens if you don't press pause or stop first.  What happens if you just close the recording?  Also, since the recording is being made and you can see the file wile it is being recorded, you can try copying the file to the clipboard, then pasting it to another location before you stop recording.  Windows won't let you delete a file that is in use but you can copy it while it is in use.  That is a work around.  It doesn't solve the problem but it should work.

I just tested this not using Virtual Recorder but using MP3 Direct Cut.  I was able to copy the file while it was still being added to by the recorder.  It should work in general and it should work in Virtual Recorder.

Gene
Sent: Saturday, July 08, 2017 1:03 PM

No. It acts like it's recording nicely. It keeps counting up as usual. But I soon as I hit the the pause, will stop the recording, the application says virtual recorder dialogue a problem caused the program to stop working.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 8, 2017, at 2:02 PM, Carlos <carlos1106@...> wrote:
>
> DO you have any idea about how long it's usually recording before this happens?
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Brock Ewing" <brockewing1@...>
> To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
> Sent: Saturday, July 08, 2017 1:59 PM
> Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Virtual recorder crashing
>
>
> By the way, it happens no matter what format I am recording in. Or what device I am recording to. Or device I am recording from.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Jul 8, 2017, at 1:58 PM, Carlos <carlos1106@...> wrote:
>>
>> So it's recording for hours at a time when this happens?  LOL I can't say that I've ever tested recording over such an extended period of time, but I'll look into it.
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Brock Ewing" <brockewing1@...>
>> To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
>> Sent: Saturday, July 08, 2017 1:54 PM
>> Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Virtual recorder crashing
>>
>>
>> I am using the installed version. It's not the portable copy. And yes, it happens all the time.
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Jul 8, 2017, at 1:52 PM, Carlos <carlos1106@...> wrote:
>>>
>>> Are you using the portable or installed version?  Also, have you always experienced this problem or has it only started happening recently?
>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Brock Ewing" <brockewing1@...>
>>> To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
>>> Sent: Saturday, July 08, 2017 1:49 PM
>>> Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Virtual recorder crashing
>>>
>>>
>>> It happens on all versions of Windows. Like, it'll say, stop recording, and then I let it sit there. And when I come back say, I recorded myself sleeping or something. When I come back and hit the stop button. It crashes the application.
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>>
>>>> On Jul 8, 2017, at 1:16 PM, Carlos <carlos1106@...> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> What version of Windows are you running?  And are you using the portable or installed version of Virtual Recorder?
>>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Brock Ewing" <brockewing1@...>
>>>> To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
>>>> Sent: Saturday, July 08, 2017 1:05 PM
>>>> Subject: [TechTalk] Virtual recorder crashing
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Am I the only one having this problem? If I am recording with virtual recorder for a while, and I try and hit the pause, or stop button, it won't stop, or pause. And if I force close the application, the recording it made is corrupted. Can anyone help me on this?
>>>>
>>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.