Re: alternatives to gold wave?

Gene

I was pointing  it out not just in this case, but because I often see this happen, where someone asks how to do something but doesn't give any background, resulting in a lot of discussion that doesn't effectively answer what the person wants to do.  I hope you get help with the problem if you want to use gold Wave for conversion.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, July 22, 2017 12:56 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] alternatives to gold wave?

okay, sorry for not being more specific regarding the error messages.  When I select several files in the batch converter in goldwave, and make the settings i want, and then click convert,  a few seconds later, there is a window that says X number of errors, 0 files converted and an okay button.

Keith
Sent: Saturday, July 22, 2017 11:32 AM

If people would explain in their initial messages why they want to do something and not just ask how to do it if there is more to the story, they would get better help.  Now that we know that Gold Wave produces error messages, that question can be addressed and you may find out how to eliminate that problem if you want to use Gold Wave for that purpose.  It is a common use of Gold Wave to convert files.  There may be a solution to the errors you are experiencing.  You still might want to try a conversion program because I think, as I said, that they would be faster than recording programs or than many recording programs but you may find a solution to the Gold Wave problem now that we know what it is and why you asked the question in the first place. 

A lot of people just ask how to do something and they would often get much better help if they explained the situation.

Gene

Sent: Saturday, July 22, 2017 11:21 AM

actually, I've treid to batch convert podcasts to try and compress them to smaller size and goldwave throws error messages at me.  i tried to do them one at a time and I got the same errors.

Keith
Sent: Saturday, July 22, 2017 10:23 AM

Gold Wave will do all of that just fine.

Sent: Saturday, July 22, 2017 11:20 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] alternatives to goldwave?

GoldWave is accessible, but it sounds as if you may be looking for a converter instead of an editor.  You can try Pazera Free Audio Extractor.
https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZUfdUZiIXbjJHGOk0EhAQ0L8T3Th7cfUt7

Brief usage instructions:

1. Press Control+O to add specific files to the list or Control+F to add an entire folder.
2. Select the output settings such as the format.
3. Select the output directory or use the default setting which is to use the source/input directory.
4. Press Control+E to convert the files.
Note, you can also find all of these options on the context menu when the list has focus by pressing the Applications key.
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Sent: Saturday, July 22, 2017 10:59 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] alternatives to goldwave?

Hi are there  any accessible alternatives to goldwave for manipulating audio files?

Would like to change batach convert several files in regards to frequency and bit rate.

thanks

Keith

David Ferrin
Life is what happens after you have already made other plans.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.