Re: outlook express and deleting

Gene

DBX files are hidden files so you will either have to have the computer set to display hidden files or you will have to tell search to show hidden files.

Sent: Saturday, July 22, 2017 3:58 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] outlook express and deleting

Hi Howard,

I wonder if your deleted items folder got corrupt some how.  If it did, you could find the deleted items.dbx file under that long path for
XP that I cannot now remember or just search for deleted items.ddx and you should find it.
So to summarize:

1.  close Outlook Express.

2.  Find that deleted items.dbx file.

3.  delete it.

4.  Launch Outlook Express again.

When you launch Outlook Express again, it should automatically create the deleted items.dbx file again.  Then try deleting and see what happens.

On 7/22/2017 4:28 PM, Howard Traxler wrote:
Windows xp pro and outlook express.  Trying to delete messages: message says "message cannot be deleted".  Doesn't say why.  I fixed it once, long time ago; but I don't remember what I did.  Any ideas?  Thanks.
Howard

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"