Re: Amazon fire stick

Gene

I said in my first message that list members can give you links to the installer.  I didn't mean official links nor links from doubtful sites.  I mean that one or more list members, including me, have the actual installer and make it available on Drop Box or on other sites.  It might be a little faster for Carlos to provide his link than for me to look up mine, but if there is an unexpected problem, which I don't anticipate, I can provide my link.  Please, in situations like this, ask here for further information before wasting a lot of time following dead ends.

Also, you might have saved a lot of inconvenience, if you were a member of the list when Microsoft stopped support, asking here if there was still a way to use Windows Live Mail.  I don't know how long you have been a member of the list, but just because a company makes an announcement, as the song says, "It Ain't Necessarily so."

Sent: Monday, July 24, 2017 1:38 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Amazon fire stick

I just tried to install Windows Live Essentials using my existing installer on Windows 10, 3 times the installation failed. I thought"Well, something has gone wrong with your File." So then I did a search to find a new place to download the file, since Microsoft does not support this either now days. I could only find websites that I do not trust enough to open their files on my computer, but I did find a link to a thread on the Microsoft Community website, so I went there, and someone had asked this very same question. The Microsoft technician who answered the inquiry provided, "the last link known to hold the download for the official file", and so I clicked on this link. There was no resulting web page, this link simply started the download process, and the first thing that came up of course was the question, "Do you want to run or save this file?", so I as usual chose to save it. Then I sat and waited and waited as the file downloaded, the progress being counted off in megabytes per second instead of a percentage of completeness, and it was only downloading at about2 kilobytes per second. The first time I tried this, at 101 MB, the download was interrupted, and the second time, it was interrupted at 124 Megabytes. I then ran a speedtest on my internet connection, thinking that maybe something had happened to that, and the result was that I was getting a download speed of 87.2 MB per second. This told me that there was something wrong with the download itself. I am not going to pay $25 for another email client, for right now, I will continue to use Outlook 2016 and its terribly unfriendly interface. But, at least I can read my email messages in it.

Michael