Re: Amazon fire stick

Gene

I said in my first message that list members can give you links to the installer.  I didn't mean official links nor links from doubtful sites.  I mean that one or more list members, including me, have the actual installer and make it available on Drop Box or on other sites.  It might be a little faster for Carlos to provide his link than for me to look up mine, but if there is an unexpected problem, which I don't anticipate, I can provide my link.  Please, in situations like this, ask here for further information before wasting a lot of time following dead ends. 

Also, you might have saved a lot of inconvenience, if you were a member of the list when Microsoft stopped support, asking here if there was still a way to use Windows Live Mail.  I don't know how long you have been a member of the list, but just because a company makes an announcement, as the song says, "It Ain't Necessarily so."

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2017 1:38 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Amazon fire stick

I just tried to install Windows Live Essentials using my existing installer on Windows 10, 3 times the installation failed. I thought"Well, something has gone wrong with your File." So then I did a search to find a new place to download the file, since Microsoft does not support this either now days. I could only find websites that I do not trust enough to open their files on my computer, but I did find a link to a thread on the Microsoft Community website, so I went there, and someone had asked this very same question. The Microsoft technician who answered the inquiry provided, "the last link known to hold the download for the official file", and so I clicked on this link. There was no resulting web page, this link simply started the download process, and the first thing that came up of course was the question, "Do you want to run or save this file?", so I as usual chose to save it. Then I sat and waited and waited as the file downloaded, the progress being counted off in megabytes per second instead of a percentage of completeness, and it was only downloading at about2 kilobytes per second. The first time I tried this, at 101 MB, the download was interrupted, and the second time, it was interrupted at 124 Megabytes. I then ran a speedtest on my internet connection, thinking that maybe something had happened to that, and the result was that I was getting a download speed of 87.2 MB per second. This told me that there was something wrong with the download itself. I am not going to pay $25 for another email client, for right now, I will continue to use Outlook 2016 and its terribly unfriendly interface. But, at least I can read my email messages in it.

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marie
Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2017 10:54 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

What do you mean the demise of WLM? I use it every day with great results.
Just because Microsoft is no longer supporting it, the program works fine.

Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2017 5:18 PM

Thanks to both of you guys who answered. I am going to check out OE Classic
again. I do not remember how much the paid version costs, but I just may
give it a try. I have been looking for a good email client since the demise
of Windows Live Mail, and I just can't seem to grow to like Outlook.

Michael

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Danny Park
Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2017 10:44 AM

I have the full fire tv, which is the same as the stick but does not plug
directly into the tv, but I have not tried to load any apps to it just the
ones that came with the device.

Danny

Sent: Saturday, July 22, 2017 11:58 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Amazon fire stick

Hi Danny,
Many thanks for the help, I was able to set the speed  the way I wanted
it and the volume as well.
Oh, one other thing, the fire stick talks about other apps you can get
for it, is that really so, and I won't be hurting the Stick by
downloading a few?
Many thanks,
Bill

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.