Re: question about email received texts

Ted Galanos <tr.galanos@...>

Yes a link can be written/sent from a cellphone via text message, but
it won't be activated unless you click on it.
Teddy

On 7/24/17, Keith S <ks.steinbach03@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, when I check my email, I usually get a few emails that are obviously
from cell phone texts (area code plus a 7 digit phonenumber. I do not, off
the top of my head, identify any of the numbers.

if I were to open one one of these emails, is there a chance that some type
of automatic virus or mal-ware will open, or do viruses and malware that are
sent via email or text based in links where I would have to click on a link
within the email to trigger the malware or virus?

Due to these phonenumbers being sent from cell phones, it is not like I can
simply open the white pages and look up the owners of said phone numbers.

I have taken to moving them into a folder within Outlook express until I
figure out if I should just delete them without looking at the contents, or
if I should hold on to them and see if there is a solution to my problem.

Thanks for any ideas or knowledge

Keith
--
Teddy