Re: Saving favorites in Firefox, Seamonkey and Google Chrome

Gene

First, a quick Google Search shows the name as MozBackup and it isn't a part of Windows.  It is a third party utility that you download.  I don't know anything about it.  If you look at information about it on the Internet, you will certainly be told what versions of Windows it can be used in. 
If you just want to back up book marks, there may be no point in using this utility.  Backing up book marks is fast and easy in Firefox itself.  This tool can be used to back up a lot more in Mozilla products so depending on how you want to use it, it may be worth using but you just mentioned book marks so there may be little or no point.

Here is how you back up book marks:

Open bookmarks in the library with control shift b.  That is the shortcut command for all book marks. Then open the menus.
Right arrow to import and backup.  Down arrow to backup and press enter. 
A save as dialog will open.  Press home and end and then left arrow so you leave the extension and the period.  Then delete the rest of the name, assuming you want to change the name.  If you don't want to change the name leave leave things as they are.  YYou may want to change where the file is saved.  If you have questions or problems ask here.  Whatever the case, use the dialog to save the file and that's it.  The backups are saved and it takes very little time.  
When finished, close the window with alt f4.  You will return to the main firefox Window.

I know this procedure works in Firefox.  You can try it and see if it works in CMonkey.

Gene 

Sent: Monday, July 24, 2017 7:13 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Saving favorites in Firefox, Seamonkey and Google Chrome

Hi,
I know in earlier versions of Windows, there used to be a tool called
Mos Backup that would allow you to save your favorites for Firefox, but
I don't know if it would work with Windows 10 or if it's still around.
If so, will this tool allow you to do the same for your Seamonkey
favorites since it is a Mozilla product? If not, does anyone know how to
save our Seamonkey favorites? We're new with Chrome, but I'd like to
also know how to save any favorites we have for that program. If anyone
could help here, please? Thanks.
--
Lisa E-Mail: lisapgeibel429@... Facebook:
http://facebook.com/ldporter1 Twitter: http://twitter.com/LisaLisa429
Philmore box shared with hubby: 773-572-7897 Big Brother update line is
option 1 of our box and the breaking TV News updates line is option 9 of
our box. You can hear our wedding with option 2. God bless everyone!!!

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.