Help needed with downloading files using Mozilla Firefox's earlier version

rhonda

Good morning
 I think that this topic has been touched on a while back.
But for the life of me I can't remember what was said,concerning  Mozilla Firefox and Webvism and updating.
I am running Windows Vista, JAWS 11.00 and I'm still using Mozilla Firefox 52.2.1 32Bit.
The problem that I'm having is with downloading files.
It doesn't finish the download process.
I get that the, download has Failed or retry,
but when I try to download again, or retry, nothing happens.
I keep getting the same results.
I've even tried deleting the download library and trying to download once again and still it won't complete.
Even tried re-installing and,
 the same.
What should I do?
Help Please!!!