Re: knfb reader for windows10

Gene

As I recall comments in the past, the Kurzweil app can be run on a computer with a scanner.  When it is said that a scanner may be the best bet, what is being said is that in general, you may get more accurate results with a scanner than with a camera whatever you are using the run the program.  In other words, a scanner may provide more accurate results on any device where you have a choice and on devices where you must use a camera, you may not get as good results because of that limitation. 

I don't know if a scanner yields more accurate OCR results but as I said, as far as I know the app can be run on a computer and not just on Apple or Android devices.

Gene 

------ Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2017 10:15 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] knfb reader for windows10

if a scanner is my best bet, then I'll just stick with the knfb reader
app on my phone because my phone has a camera.

On 8/4/2017 1:09 AM, Michael Boyd wrote:
> You may have to check with the NFB or the other party involved, is it Kurzweil?, to find out which cameras would be compatible with the app. I know that Freedom Scientific produces the Pearl to only work with Openbook. A scanner may be your best bet.
>
> Michael
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Josh Kennedy
> Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2017 9:46 PM
> To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
> Subject: [TechTalk] knfb reader for windows10
>
> hi
>
> If I get knfb reader for windows10, what is a good document camera to
> use with it? right now its 80% off the original price of $100.
>
>

--
sent with mozilla thunderbird

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.