Re: Lenovo laptops

Gene

Is the manual on the machine?  What is the model number?  You should check to see if there is a restore to factory partition on the machine. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2017 12:12 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Lenovo laptops

There was no cd with the machine.  It was a lease return when I bought it back in 2006 or so.  Not a priority, so I'll just put it on hold for now.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Howard
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2017 9:42 PM

If it came with a Windows install cd, there probably isn't a partition.  I don't know if such an installation cd as you got restores the machine to the factory state or if it just installs a clean version of Windows.

Gene 
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2017 9:27 PM

I think I'd like it factory fresh but I don't know how to find a rebuild partition.  There are some folders on the root of the c drive that might have something to do with rebuilding but I don't know how to recognize it.  It didn't come with a windows disk--although I do have a windows install cd.  But then I wouldn't know how to get video, sound, wireless, modem, etc. drivers.  I may just have to scrap the machine.  But it works so good even though it's so cluttered.  Oh well, when I get my desktop machine set up, the laptop will probably just get set aside.  There ain't enough hours in the day to worry about everything.
<HT>

Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2017 4:11 PM

What do you want to do?  do you want to have a clean installation of Windows?  Does the computer have a hidden partition to return it to the factory state?  You will lose every thing on it but you will have a Windows n the same state as when the computer came from the factory and everything, bloatware, utilities, whatever was on it when it came from the factory.

Gene
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2017 3:56 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Lenovo laptops

Didn't Lenovo use to be IBM?  I have an IBM ThinkPad called T-40.  From what I can find, it was also called Lenovo.  I'd sure like to clean up the windows xp installation on it but I might have problems finding drivers for its hardware.  Any thoughts on the matter, please and thanks.
Howard

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.