a question regarding playing DTB cartridges w/ gen 1 victor

Even though I thought I stated that I didn't want this format for my
next course Hadley sent me the course in DTB cartridge format. I have
an NLS player, but it is a lot easier to go through the
headings/sections of a course using my gen 1 victor reader. My
instructor said that there was a cord I could ask the library where I
got my player from for (I think I remember that right) but I was
wondering if there was a way I could do that without having to bother
them, or basically get results faster since it could take a while to
go that route.

Basically I have a cartridge of a digital talking book and I want to
be able to listen to it with my victor gen 1. If anyone has any ideas
I would greatly appreciate them.

thanks,
melissa