Her major complaint with having it always on was that her wrists would sometimes trigger the movement of the mouse while she was typing, which was also my problem too.

Either way, with Lenovo being as big as they are, I'd hope that someone there configuring a machine I was about to purchase would be able to tell me if it were possible. I know though that this isn't always the case.
Take care.

On 8/8/2017 1:51 PM, Carlos wrote:
I don't see why that should be surprising.  Most sighted users rarely turn off the touch pad so it's not information the average customer sales rep should be expected to know.
----- Original Message -----
From: Jeremy
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2017 2:44 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] knew Lenovo think for work and classes

The computer sounds okay to me, having been a Lenovo user for a good while now. I don't really like though that the dude trying to sell it to you can't answer questions like how to turn off the trackpad though. I've had mixed results with the people you talk to when you're ordering one, but I still like the computers, all the same. I'm also a little wigged out by the not having an applications key unless you have a larger screen thing, as that's totally not true here on my machine, and it's definitely not one of the larger screened versions. I'd have to look up the exact size of my display, but I want to say it's something around 14 inches.
Take care.

Hello      , these are the specs I asked for. I am trying to get a machine that will last a long time 5 to 7 years; like my other machine. Specs:

Lenovo think

i7,

16gb,

256 ssd

Quad core,

dual-band (2.4GHz and 5GHz),

removable battery

,  3.5GHz,

Dobe digital sound.

This is what Lenovo gave me as a result when I called to speak to them.  I told them I did not care about the screen size or back lit keyboards. I need it for work and for my classes. I will be putting jaws, NVDA, k1000, talking typing teacher, dxb, ms office 2016.

They did not really explain the sound card to me. I wanted adobe digital sound. They did tell me it did not have an applications key unless I went with the 15 inch machine but, I like the smaller screen size and I did already have an external keybord. He was not clear how to turn off the trackpad. I do not use them because, when I type I tend to move the cursor without knowing it.

Intel Core i7-7500U Processor (4MB Cache, up to 3.5Ghz)

Windows 10 Home 64

Windows 10 Home 64 English

14" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS, anti-glare, non-touch

16GB DDR4-2133MHz SODIMM (8GB+8GB)

Intel HD Graphics 620

Standard PPS (PPSU Poly) cover

720p HD Camera with MIC

Keyboard Backlit - English

Hardware dTPM

Hardware dTPM2.0 Enabled

256 GB Solid State Drive OPAL2.0 PCIe-NVMe

3 Cell Li-Ion 24Wh Front

ThinkPad Battery 6 cell Li-Ion (72Wh) Cylindrical Rear

45W AC Adapter - US(2pin)

Intel Dual Band Wireless AC(2x2) 8265, Bluetooth Version 4.1

WWAN

Integrated Mobile Broadband upgradable

14.0" FHD (1920 x 1080), PPS, No touch, WWAN, No WiGig, 2D Camera

Publication - English

Are these the specs I need?

SO is this what I want with reguards to the specs? Thank you so much!

Thank everyone for your help! I do not plan on purcheasing any knew computers for a long time I really hope, woe!

contact:
e-mail:
kd5cbl@...
skype: cynterline