Re: knew Lenovo think for work and classes

Jeremy <icu8it2@...>

Yeah, I completely know what you're saying. I've found though that the option for turning it off isn't always obvious, depending on driver support, type of machine, etc. I've had computers where it's a button towards the top edge of the touchpad, which is amazingly wonderful and computers where it's one of those weird F-key combinations, sometimes not so nice to figure out. Oddly enough, I've yet to see an option for it in my system tray panel thingy for the pointer, but I normally just resort to looking in the preferences area the first time round on a new computer to see if it's there. :)
I've always been lucky in that I've always had the option to turn the pesky thing off in Windows, but in Linux or when I was using a Mac there a while back, that was another beast entirely. I do agree though, I've always thought it would feel strange to have a piece of something that would touch my wrists when I was typing. grin
Take care.

On 8/8/2017 11:32 PM, Gene wrote:
There's nothing wrong with doing that but it shouldn't be difficult to disable it using the System Tray or in some other way if the System Tray method isn't available.  I'd rather not, for comfort and asthetic reasons, have my wrists bump a piece of cardboard where there is a nice smooth plastic surface originally.. 

Gene
----- original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2017 8:14 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] knew Lenovo think for work and classes

wow! simple, cool and inovative.  Who says Technology has to be so
complicated?  Kudos!

On 9/8/2017 4:11 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just have somebody cut a piece of cardboard the size of the touchpad
> and tape it in place so it can be removed easily.
>
> Ann P.
>

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.