Re: knew Lenovo think for work and classes

Jeremy <icu8it2@...>

Yeah, I had the menu deal in my system tray for it, but I never did see an option there to disable either the pointer or the touchpad, unfortunately. I do have the option to turn either one of them off in the touchpad and pointers preferences in control panel though. I'll admit to not really looking super close at the system tray part though, so it might be that I also missed the option.
Take care.

On 8/9/2017 12:02 AM, Gene wrote:
In the system tray, you never saw something that said something like synaptics pointing device?  If you right click on it, as I recall, a menu comes up.  Just what you do after that is something I'd have to look at.  I don't know how common it is to be able to disable the device in device manager.

Gene
----- Original message -----
From: Jeremy
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2017 11:47 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] knew Lenovo think for work and classes

Yeah, I completely know what you're saying. I've found though that the option for turning it off isn't always obvious, depending on driver support, type of machine, etc. I've had computers where it's a button towards the top edge of the touchpad, which is amazingly wonderful and computers where it's one of those weird F-key combinations, sometimes not so nice to figure out. Oddly enough, I've yet to see an option for it in my system tray panel thingy for the pointer, but I normally just resort to looking in the preferences area the first time round on a new computer to see if it's there. :)
I've always been lucky in that I've always had the option to turn the pesky thing off in Windows, but in Linux or when I was using a Mac there a while back, that was another beast entirely. I do agree though, I've always thought it would feel strange to have a piece of something that would touch my wrists when I was typing. grin
Take care.

On 8/8/2017 11:32 PM, Gene wrote:
There's nothing wrong with doing that but it shouldn't be difficult to disable it using the System Tray or in some other way if the System Tray method isn't available.  I'd rather not, for comfort and asthetic reasons, have my wrists bump a piece of cardboard where there is a nice smooth plastic surface originally..

Gene