Printing CD labels

Walter Ramage

Hello all.  I would like to be able to purchase self-adhesive CD labels and print a variety of images on those labels for affixing to recordable CDs.

My ignorance on this topic is profound and I'm not certain if it is possible to do without sight.  Many years ago I had a friend print some CD labels for a few CDs I had and although she is sighted she found it tricky aligning the sheets with the round self-adhesive CD labels in the printer, or should I say aligning the printer software before printing the labels.

So!  I have a number of questions.  Firstly I don't own a printer and if I were to embark on this project which printer would be best for this purpose; laser or inkjet?  Secondly how do you go about configuring the printer to print the images on to the round label (there is normally 2 round labels to a sheet.  Apart from the printer what software is necessary to accomplish this task and is the software accessible (I use Jaws).

Another thought just occurred to me and that is whilst there are two round labels to a sheet can you print a different image onto each label or must the same image be printed on to both?

As I said, I've never done this before and I don't even own a printer  so I hope I've made what I would like to do clear and I've not confused things..  With thanks.  Walter