Re: Printing CD labels

Walter Ramage

Hi Gene.  No I was speaking of printing onto a sticky CD lable or alternatively directly on to the printable surface of a disc.  Walter.----- Original Message -----

From: Gene

Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 12:01 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Printing CD labels

But as far as I know, that is for labeling the cd itself.  the request was for putting an image on a case.

Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 9:53 AM

Walter, look for a device called cd stomper.  Avery makes labels for them.  I have used this thing for years successfully.  The sheets are square, so they fit nicely in a braille writer.  After creating the braille label, you then remove the round label from the square sheet.  There is a slight perforation which allows you to know where to remove the label from the sheet. The trick is to memorize or create a cheat sheet which tells you just where to begin each braille line and what spaces on which you cannot braille because of the hole in the center of the label.

Don Roberts

On 8/29/2017 2:15 PM, Walter Ramage via Groups.Io wrote:

Hello all.  I would like to be able to purchase self-adhesive CD labels and
print a variety of images on those labels for affixing to recordable CDs.

My ignorance on this topic is profound and I'm not certain if it is possible
to do without sight.  Many years ago I had a friend print some CD labels for
a few CDs I had and although she is sighted she found it tricky aligning the
sheets with the round self-adhesive CD labels in the printer, or should I
say aligning the printer software before printing the labels.

So!  I have a number of questions.  Firstly I don't own a printer and if I
were to embark on this project which printer would be best for this purpose;
laser or inkjet?  Secondly how do you go about configuring the printer to
print the images on to the round label (there is normally 2 round labels to
a sheet.  Apart from the printer what software is necessary to accomplish
this task and is the software accessible (I use Jaws).

Another thought just occurred to me and that is whilst there are two round
labels to a sheet can you print a different image onto each label or must
the same image be printed on to both?

As I said, I've never done this before and I don't even own a printer  so I
hope I've made what I would like to do clear and I've not confused things..
With thanks.  Walter