Re: new member with question on android or apple phones

Kathy Pingstock

Thank you all for all of your suggestions and your opinions.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 5, 2017, at 10:33 AM, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@windstream.net> wrote:

When my husband takes pictures on the iPhone, he finds it simpler to just email them to himself and work on them rather than hooking up the cable and trying to transfer them.

Best from,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carlos
Sent: Tuesday, September 5, 2017 7:17 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] new member with question on android or apple phones

Transferring files generally requires the in my opinion rather clunky iTunes software. There are other third-party applications which will let you transfer files, but most of them are not very accessible and usually require that iTunes be installed at least once to obtain the necessary drivers. Transferring files on Android is as simple as connecting a USB cable or inserting a memory card into your computer and copying files in Explorer. More of Apple's proprietary/closed ecosystem policies which I personally despise. And please, let's not start screaming about Apple bashing. Everyone is entitled to their personal opinions and I don't consider constructive criticism bashing. I'm sure just as many users have negative opinions about Android and they are perfectly welcome to voice them here as well.