Re: Help Needed with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware pro

Carlos

I'm not sure how the professional version displays if threats were found during an automated scan since I don't own it myself, but with the free version a list of results is displayed after a manual scan is complete.  It only informs you whether a reboot is required if/when you select to remove what was found.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2017 8:21 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Help Needed with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware pro

That makes sense.  I can't tell from how the message was worded if that might be the problem or if there is a different problem?  I don't use Malware Bytes much and it seldom finds anything when I do use it so I'll ask the following question.  How does it show if there is a problem after completing a scan.  I can't tell from the original message if anything is found or if malware bytes freezes or if something else happens. 

Gene
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2017 7:15 AM

Actually, unless this has changed in more recent versions, it is quite common for Malwarebytes to reboot to complete the removal of threats.  Some files cannot be easily moved/quarantined while they are in use.
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2017 8:07 AM

I've never heard of being infected necessitating a reboot at the end of malware bytes doing a scan.  Is it possible?  Maybe, all sorts of things are possible.  but we need detailed information. 
Malware bytes should display some sort of screen where you get some sort of information about threats found.  Why is the statement made that the scan finishes and what is the last screen shown?

Gene
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2017 6:56 AM

Hi Rhonda,

Using Ad Blocker or Firefox is not causing this, but maybe you have a threat that's been found & needs to be removed.  Do you update manually, or do you have MalwareBytes update on a schedule?

What version of MalwareBytes are you running?
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2017 7:01 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Help Needed with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware pro

Hello I'm hoping  that someone will be able to assist me with my problem.
I am using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware pro , I'm using Windows Vista, Internet Explore 8,
JAWS 11,
Mozilla Firefox 52.3.0 32 Bits,
And firefox is my default browser.
i AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH Malwarebytes Anti-Malware pro  stopping after the update has been done.
the update does complete.
 and then In order for me to become protected again I have to reboot the comp and it does start up again...
does the fact that I am using Ad Blocker in firefox make this happen?
Since I am using firefox instead of Internet 8  will this effect the process also?
Please tell me that there is a work-around to fix this problem.

Psalm 118:24
This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it
(KJV)

'If you pray about it,
 don't worry about it.
 If you're going to worry about it,
 don't pray about it.
Because it is all in the divine order.

AVG logo

This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
www.avg.com

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.