Re: Article: Equifax - Data Breach Exposed Personal Data Of 143 Million People #article

David Mehler

Hello,

I also couldn't get the site working, never got the edit box to enter
the captcha. Also, good luck with the provided 800 number they're
"busy". I think this is inexcusable. I think some severe consequences
need to be put in place this was a hack yes, but negligently handled
and disclosed, don't get me started on those execs.

Dave

I don't know why you couldn't get it to work. I didn't enroll in their
monitoring service; I'm already enrolled in one, but I checked the part of
the site that tells me whether I may be affected by the breach. the wording
in the response was roughly, based on the information submitted, we believe
you weren't affected. So, they believe, but they aren't making a definite
statement.

But as far as the captcha problem is concerned, after you checked the I am
not a robot checkbox, did you get a message that you were verified or did
you get an interface that allowed you to get an audio challenge? These I am
not a robot captchas are very popular and it would be to your longterm
benefit if we can see why you are having a problem. I don't use the archaic
and ever increasingly archaic Internet Explorer. I was able to use the
captcha using Firefox and I've used Chrome on the same kind of captcha on
another site.