Re: Article: Equifax - Data Breach Exposed Personal Data Of 143 Million People #article

Gerald Levy

I was able to activate the audio challenge using Firefox but not IE 11.  But I tried three different challenges  and could not understand the words in any of them, which sounded garbled to my ears.  Besides, there is no edit field to enter the audio challenge results.  Bad job by Equifax.

Gerald

Sent: Friday, September 08, 2017 1:52 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Article: Equifax - Data Breach Exposed Personal Data Of 143 Million People #article

No, something in your browsers configuration is keeping you from hearing the challenge.  I got an audio challenge within seconds of activating the button. 

If you have Chrome try using it.  If you can hear the challenge in Chrome and not in the other browsers, at least you'll know which browser to use on such captchas.  It's possible this is a Flash issue.  Do you have Flash installed in Internet Explorer and Firefox? 

Gene 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2017 12:38 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Article: Equifax - Data Breach Exposed Personal Data Of 143 Million People #article

After checking the I'm not a robot checkbox I shift + tabbed & pressed the get an audio challenge button, but never received an audio challenge.  I tried several times with each browser without success.  Maybe the website is just very busy, & can't keep up or something.  I'm covered by another service as well, & was just seeing how the sign up would work.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2017 10:18 AM

I don't know why you couldn't get it to work.  I didn't enroll in their monitoring service; I'm already enrolled in one, but I checked the part of the site that tells me whether I may be affected by the breach.  the wording in the response was roughly, based on the information submitted, we believe you weren't affected.  So, they believe, but they aren't making a definite statement.

But as far as the captcha problem is concerned, after you checked the I am not a robot checkbox, did you get a message that you were verified or did you get an interface that allowed you to get an audio challenge?  These I am not a robot captchas are very popular and it would be to your longterm benefit if we can see why you are having a problem.  I don't use the archaic and ever increasingly archaic Internet Explorer.  I was able to use the captcha using Firefox and I've used Chrome on the same kind of captcha on another site. 

Gene
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2017 11:53 AM

Also, if you go to,

You're supposed to be able to enroll in complimentary identity theft protection and credit file monitoring for 1 year, but  good effing luck!  I tried with both IE11 & FF52 & couldn't get their audio CAPTCHA option to work with either browser.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2017 7:34 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Article: Equifax - Data Breach Exposed Personal Data Of 143 Million People #article

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.